Friday, February 13, 2009

$100 President's Day deal at Chase



I receive offers in the mail all the time for banks and I never really pay much attention to them. Since I will no longer be working, starting in March, I have really been looking for ways to save. So last week I got an offer from Chase bank for $100. All you have to do is open a checking account with a minimum of $25 (some offers are $100) and in 10 days they deposit an additional $100. The only other stipulation is that the account remain open for 6 months. (Checking account fees are free if the account has direct deposit or 5 debit transactions a month, otherwise it is $6). I did this several years ago and it worked great and I closed the account after 6 months, no problem.


Usually you need to take in the certificate you receive in the mail, but on President's Day it is being offered to all new banking customers. All you have to do is go into the bank (which is open on President's Day) and open the account. I did it today and it only took about 15 minutes. Which I think is worth it for $100. The banker told me that my husband can come in and take advantage of the President's Day deal, so apparently it isn't one per household.

1 comment: