Thursday, January 15, 2009

A busy day

1. Meet the cable guys between the convenient hours of 1-5 to fix the cable box.

2. Meet the heating guys to check our ducts.

3. Pick up Riley from school and play

4. Make dinner

5. Watch my favorite shows.



1. The cable guys came at 1:20 and were done in about 15 minutes. I was able to fold my laudry from the day before while they fixed the cable box. I checked out the cable to make sure I can get to the OnDemand channels which were showing a META-6 error before. Yeah, it works. Now I won't have to switch out DVDs when Riley wants to rotate between Diego, The Backyardigans and all his other favorite OnDemand shows.

2. Ok, so I wait and wait and wait. The heating people don't show up until 4 hours later. Hmm, I'm glad the timing worked out so well. They check our heating ducts as the little guy's room has been so cold in the morning. Everything checked out great, but they said that we needed to keep his door open to circulate the air. Hmm, small child running around whenever he wants because his door is open or small child's room is very cold. Not sure which is worse.

3. I picked up Riley from school and talked to one of his teachers about watching him while Eric and I go to the gym. Looks like we might be able to work out a schedule with her so Eric and I can go to some gym classes together. YEAH!!!! Riley and I got in the car to go home and he asked me if he could have a snack at home. I said sure. What did he ask for??? Chocolate, cake, candy, cookies.....nope, a meatball. Seriously, at what point does he need to be cut off from meatballs. He eats turkey meatballs, italian meatballs, swedish meatballs and sweet and sour meatballs. His palate doesn't discriminate from meat rolled in balls. I gave him fresh strawberries instead. I mean, meatballs is more of a dinner not an afterschool snack...silly Riley. We've been watching the Backyardigans OnDemand. I can't wait until it's Riley's bedtime and I get to watch The Office and Grey's Anatomy. Though I do love Pablo, Tyrone, Uniqua, Tasha and Austin, as they make my boy so happy.

4. This is still being debated. You think I would have made dinner while I was waiting for the heating guy, but instead I got to hang out with Sharon before she leaves for Utah tomorrow. Eric just suggested just ordering something out....I'm so tempted.

5. I will be watching The Office and Grey's Anatomy, barring any unforseen problems with our DVR like last week. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see last weeks Grey's because our silly DVR didn't record it. Can you guess how happy I was last week, when I found this out?

No comments:

Post a Comment