Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Catching up

1. Go to the gym
2. Go grocery shopping
3. Fold laundry
4. Relax

1. Though I wasn't very excited at the time, somehow I got the motivation to go to the gym. We go to 24 Hour fitness. There are several membership deals for 24 Hour Fitness. There is a one year prepaid membership through Costco for about $289 and then there is a $24 month-to-month that is available to Friends and Family at various times of the year. Eric and I stumbled upon the $24 a month deal on Slickdeals.net (my favorite deal site). There are no fees and the deal is month-to -month so you can cancel at anytime.
Anyways, back to my trip to the gym. I walked in the door with my iPod and Heart rate monitor ready. I headed to the elliptical machine, I got the last of 50 machines. Not a fan of a packed gym, but I was determined to make my heart rate monitor proud. Now I typically do the elliptical on the interval setting (the steep up and down climbs) for 30 minutes. It's definitely not a walk in the park, so I figured it was a pretty good exercise. So the heart rate monitor is warming up with me for the first 5 minutes, which were at my standard pace. Then the monitor starts beeping telling me to speed up the heart rate. Um ok, I can increase speed, resistance and crossramps. I increase each slightly. The monitor is still beeping at me. I continue to increase all three until I am in the "zone". Yep, that's the zone at which the heart rate monitor calculated that I am burning fat. So the rest of the work out I am suppose to stay in the zone without falling down into the low activity zone or speeding up too fast to the burn-out zone. So I continue the workout all the while thinking about how much harder this is, and I have flashbacks to the Biggest Loser episode from the night before. That's right, I was identifying with Joelle. I was working out super hard but the monitor kept telling me try harder. I didn't want to look like a crazy yelling at my heart rate monitor watch, telling it "I'm working as hard as I can", but seriously it was a tough workout. At the end I finished my hour on the elliptical at the maximum resistance, and I'm not exactly sure what the crossramp is, but I think that was probably at the max too. So my heart rate monitor trainer really helped me get through the workout. I didn't want to let it down, and I love seeing all the stats at the end. I burned almost 600 calories and I was 80% in the fatburn zone. Ar the end of the week of working out I get a trophy icon on the watch for reaching my goal. Also, I can download all my workouts to my computer for calorie and performance tracking.
2. A new grocery store opened up nearby so I decided to check it out. It's called Market Street. I've been to the Market Street in Colleyville, so I kind of knew what to expect. I typically do my grocery shopping at a mix of Tom Thumb, Whole Foods, Sprouts and Central Market mixed in with a little Kroger. I love getting our seafood, meat, produce and organic milk at Whole Foods, Sprouts and Central Market. While I love Kroger and Tom Thumb for their deals on all the other grocery items like cereal, water, soda, chips, etc. The store was nice, but I guess I really wasn't in the shopping mood. I got some lunch meat at the deli, some fruit for Riley and microbrew beer assortment for Eric. It was definitely more expensive shopping there, but the store was nice and clean and there were some deals, but you really had to look to find them. I did notice on a flyer that they will be having Diego Live their this weekend, so I guess I know where I will be taking Riley Sunday afternoon.
3. While shopping I got a little bit of a headache, so I didn't quite get to folding laundry.
4. I was still able to catch up watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County" (my sister got me hooked) and "Top Chef" (now, that I think about it, I watch this because of her too). We had DVRed these so I got to run through them commercial free. Watching TV commercial free is very relaxing.

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up! Glad you did the heart monitor proud! What kind do you have may I ask. I wonder if I need one of these...

    ReplyDelete