Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Start of My Blog

So, I figured I needed to get a blog. If my two-year old son can do it, why can't I. There are tons of things that happen during the day and my first thought is....I should blog about that. Well now I can.

With the start of 2009 there are several things going on. I've been searching for a new hobby. Somehow when I was young I had tons of hobbies. I loved drawing, playing music, playing sports and shopping (Note: shopping is still a hobby, though now it includes coupons and extrabucks). My new prospective hobbies are photography (got a new Canon Rebel XSi yesterday), cooking (learning healthy new recipes that even Riley will love) and getting fit (I got a heart-rate monitor that trains you during you work out).

As many of you may or may not know, I will be leaving my job with a large financial services company and staying at home for a couple months with Riley. Thanks to the moving of my job function to Florida and my unwillingness to relocate, I will be getting quite a large severance package that will allow me to be at home for a year. I figure I will get the itch to return to work pretty quick, so right now I'm just planning on taking a couple months off with Riley this Summer. We are hoping to visit some family and friends on the East Coast. And hopefully we can take some vacations and escape to a beach or maybe even Disneyworld.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for time off! I hope I fall into the "friends on the East Coast" category. I would LOVE for y'all to come visit!

    ReplyDelete