Saturday, March 28, 2009

Potager - Pay what you think your lunch was worth


A new restaurant opened in Arlington, TX, Potager. It has only been open a couple of months and I typically wouldn't be excited to head off to Arlington, but I am intrigued by Potager. The restaurant is based on gourmet fresh organic meals and draws comparisons to One World Cafe in Salt Lake City. Basically, the ever-changing menu is prepared and customers are served as much as they can eat. At the end of your meal you fill an envelope with the amount you feel the meal was worth. This is a very interesting concept, especially with the economy the way it is. The restaurant is getting about $7 for each individual meal and currently only serving lunch. Here's a link for more info.
I love helping out good independent restaurants and am excited to try this one. The concept is a little difficult for me to understand, as I am sure there are people who pay very very little to nothing at all (especially as they are located by a college campus), but I'm excited to try it out and be one of the customers who rewards a good meal. Anyone interested in lunch???

No comments:

Post a Comment